Palm* Photo Prize is an annual submission based exhibition for new generation of photographers. Its aim is to support, elevate and showcase the best of the new wave of image-makers.
We feature submissions from brilliant photographers from across the world with images in a multitude of styles and disciplines.
It’s free to submit and from all of the photographs, 100 entries will be selected by Palm* and resulting Palm* Photo Prize exhibition at 1014 Gallery sponsored by Spectrum
Submissions open 1 March – 30 March 2021 | FREE to submit.
The Judge’s Panel prizes, Peoples Choice Award and East Up and Coming Award will be announced online in June.
Exhibited entries will be in the running to win prizes in the following categories:
- Judge’s Panel 1st place
- Judge’s Panel 2nd place
- People’s Choice Award
- East Up and Coming Award
East: Up and Coming Award
The photography agency East would like to present one recipient with an ‘Up & Coming Award’. The chosen recipient will be a stand out, emerging talent that is pursuing a career in editorial & commercial photography.
The winner will receive a three meeting mentorship with East’s global team of agents, focussing on a portfolio review (print or digital portfolio), as well as an editorial & commercial strategy to help the recipient with the next steps in their career.
Criteria for the East: Up & Coming Award
- Not represented by a photography agency or gallery, currently or prior to the application.
- Commitment to attend three meetings with East (virtually or in person TBC).
- Alastair McKimm – Editor-in-Chief of i-D
- Karen McQuaid – Senior Curator at The Photographers’ Gallery
- Gem Fletcher – Writer, Photo Editor and Podcaster
- Ronan McKenzie – Photographer and Director of HOME
- Megan Tilley – Senior Photo Agent at East Photographic
- Lola Paprocka – Photographer and Founder of Palm* Studios